During this Writing Workshop, Secrets To Creating A Dynamic Character Arc, you will learn that the secret to a successful story is NOT the plot. It's the character in your plot. The story is the character. The story is the character's growth and transformation, which is their character arc. The plot is there to force the character to grow.
Bankable actors fall in love with characters, they commit to the story and to making the film because they love the character and how the character grows. As do agents, who love the characters so much they sell the story to the highest bidding publisher. Readers and film going audiences also fall in love with unforgettable characters.
So how the heck do you create such a masterpiece?
The Secrets To Creating A Dynamic Character Arc Writing Workshop will reveal the big secret!
The online workshop will be presented by Glenn M. Benest, award-winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops. Benest particularly believes that great stories come from great characters. And that plots are there to serve the characters! Find out why and how.
Glenn M. Benest will teach you the secrets to create unforgettable characters with a dynamic character arc so that readers, agents, publishers, film production companies and high-profile actors will fall in love with your characters!
Calling All Screenwriters ~ place your script in front of film producers and the celebrated actor, Paul Michael Glaser of Starsky and Hutch fame in our Screenplay Award.
About Glenn M. Benest
Benest is an award-winning writing screenwriter with seven produced screenplay credits, including two films that were made by acclaimed horror director, Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.
His screenwriting workshops in Los Angeles have launched six films, including Scream and Event Horizon. He now teaches private consultations with writers from around the world.
You can read more about Glenn and his scriptwriting courses at http://www.glennbenest.com/. His private workshops have launched numerous feature films including: Scream, Event Horizon, Andre, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, The Howling Reborn, Niloofar. Other former students have gone on to work on such series as: Jennifer Jones, Dexter, The Following, Vampire Diaries, Providence.
When we study successful films, the one constant is that the audience feels deeply for the protagonist. But how does a screenwriter or novelist accomplish that? This Writing Workshop will show you how professionals use specific techniques to construct their protagonist’s character arc and in so doing, develop a story that is based on character, not plot.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award-winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
The 'Heart' Of The Workshop
- The secrets of why audiences, publishers, agents, film producers and actors love certain characters
- How to portray 'blood, sweat and tear' emotion in a character
- Why your character needs to transform and change
- How you can give them a dynamic character arc
- How you can create these unforgettable characters
Who Should Attend?
- Writers just starting out in their writing journey who want to understand the basics of developing a gripping, emotional story
- Established writers and authors who are struggling to make their novels engage with readers
- More advanced writers who want a road map to create unforgettable characters
- Independent authors who want to learn the secret to creating a dynamic character from a Hollywood screenwriting tutor
- Writers who are strong with plot but need help with character development
- Writers who want to break out of formulaic writing
What You Will Learn
- The step-by-step construction of a convincing character arc
- How starting from one emotional extreme and building to its opposite has the greatest impact
- The importance of giving your protagonist a real dilemma
- The power of creating a flawed anti-hero
- How to use the plot to “slam” your protagonist with the very thing they’re hiding from
- How you can use subplots to make your character’s journey as dramatic as possible
Should you be creating characters without this knowledge?!
Check out other Writing Workshops.
This workshop is available to watch and learn in your own time.
- Secrets To Creating A Dynamic Character Arc ~ £30
- Make your payment here ~ this link opens in a new window so you can come back here and continue your booking below.
After making your payment, on the link above, please continue your booking below, so we can send you the workshop details. If you don't receive access details to the workshop it's because you haven't completed the form below.