Author and Principal of Mentoring Writers & the Kids4Kids Organisation, Ann Brady has been working in the craft of writing for over 30 years. Ann is kindly offering mentorships of more than £2500!
The Mentoring Writers Programme prize will depend on the individual needs of the writer involved: improving the novel you’re working on or just getting your manuscript ready for publication.
Whatever stage you are at in your creative journey, Mentoring Writers will provide tailored tuition for what you need; from creating good writing to the process of getting your work into print.
You and Ann will share hard-earned advice on how to keep writing when the going gets tough, thus ensuring your novel doesn’t end up getting stashed away in a drawer or end up languishing on your laptop.
'The Mentoring Writers Programme 2’ offers writers assistance in strengthening and completing the writers manuscript prior to publication.
More About Ann Brady
Starting in the Eighties Ann began writing non-fiction, creating one of the first informational websites in the UK which won her The International Association of Web Masters & Designers Golden Web Award for Excellence in Web Design, Creativity and Content.
The retail website was the first to offer information as part of its services. Her writing continued with a variety of genres and includes an Award Winning Historical Fiction Novel, a series of Children’s Picture Story Books plus Short Story Mystery and Thriller books.
Upon retirement from her business Ann took up fictional writing full time, became a publisher and began mentoring younger writers.
She has published some of their work under the banner of Kids4Kids.org.uk, recently releasing ‘Can You Hear Me’ a dark poetry book by British Australian Yami Gray and ‘Charm of the Chosen One’ a fantasy story with an underlying theme about bullying by young Welsh writer Anya Elisabeth. Ann also Mentors writers of all ages, worldwide.
Ann is a judge with the BBC Radio2 500 Words Competition, is a member of SCBWI (the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators) and a member of the Society of Authors in both the UK and Australia.
She also offers speaking engagements and will be involved in a special event being organised by an Australian Publisher at the London Book Fair 2020.
Writing is Ann’s joy and passing on what she has learnt to others, especially the young, is a pleasure to her.
About Ann's Writing Mentorship Prize
It doesn’t matter if you are working on your first book or your 20th, all writers benefit from guidance and encouragement.
At Mentoring Writers, Ann offer services to suit all writers on a one-to-one basis through mentoring with Principle, Ann Brady.
Ann is a writer of a variety of genres including non-fiction. She is Author of an award-winning historical novel, has produced a large number of Children’s Picture Books plus writing some Mystery and Thriller story books.
She mentors’ writers of all ages worldwide, especially working with younger writers and publishing their books under the Kids4Kids.org banner.
Ann has been a writer, author, speaker and mentor for over 30 years, a publisher for 10 years and has also achieved awards for the creation of informational websites.
A Mentoring Writers Programme will depend on the individual needs of the writer involved, whether improving the novel you’re working on or just getting your manuscript ready for publication
Whatever stage you are at in your creative journey, Mentoring Writers will provide tailored tuition for what you need; from creating good writing to the process of getting your work into print. You and Ann will share hard-earned advice on how to keep writing when the going gets tough, thus ensuring your novel doesn’t end up getting stashed away in a drawer or end up languishing on your laptop.
Writing Mentorship Prize Details
The Mentoring Writers programmes can stretch for over twelve months; or longer depending on the type of manuscript you are creating. Please be aware that the mentoring process is not a fast track to success.
It is a long road along which you learn the art and craft of writing. It is to be done in your own time, at your leisure and in a way which makes you comfortable and satisfied with each section.
If at anytime you wish to repeat something or are having problems with your writing then do not worry or fret. Ann is there to ensure that the work you finally produce is the best you can produce.
Your Mentorship Prize will include:
- Initial Discussion: You will have a one-to-one discussion (online or in person) so that you and Ann can determine where you are in the writing process. From this Ann will create a Mentoring Programme geared to suit your specific writing requirements.
- Story Drafting: Having started your writing your novel, you and Ann will read and assess your work offering you the appropriate advice to aid you in strengthening and developing your story and manuscript in order to make it presentable to an agent or publisher.
- Feedback/Discussions: There will be regular discussions and updates on the progress of your writing and you will be able to contact Ann at any time if you have any specific enquiries or if you are in need of special assistance.
- Resources: You and Ann will automatically register your email for the Mentoring Writers Resource which will benefit you through receipt of informational sheets; Ann's Newsletter which offers regular updates of what is happening in the writing world and link you to her Trello account where your work can be uploaded.
- Review/Edit: When you feel your manuscript has been edited and it is ready, Ann will offer it to her Beta readers for additional review. Once their comments are received, she will do a final review and edit prior to publication. (Please note depending on the method of publication some Publishers may still want the work re-editing).
- Agents/Publishers: Please be aware that Mentoring Writers and Ann Brady do not guarantee assistance with the writer gaining access to an Agent or Publisher. However, Ann will advise and aid you in the process of submission, synopsis writing and the search for an appropriate publisher (traditional or Indie). In some cases,she may (but will not guarantee) arrange publishing services.