Deadlines and Pricing
Early Bird Deadline: 31 March 2020 ~ £20
Deadline: 30 April 2020 ~ £30
Final Late Deadline: 31 May 2020 ~ £45
- View our award's submission infographic for a quick visual guide.
- Check the rules of the eBook Award before you make your submission.
- Choose an optional extra to be sure you submit your best work.
- All entries must be submitted online.
- All entries must be in English.
- Along with your book store link, you must provide a link to the first 10 pages of your novel. This is where our judges can read your first 10 pages.
- Any links asking our judges or readers to 'subscribe' to get the first 10 pages will be disqualified.
- Only your first 10 pages of 2500-3000 words will be accepted. Entries exceeding the word count will be disqualified.
- Be sure to check out our Recommended Reading which will help you submit the best 10 pages for your next novel.
- For non-fiction, show what the book is about, this could be either your introduction or the first 10 pages of your topic.
- Read our FAQ to find out any questions.
Every entry will be read. Our judges will rate entries to provide a long-list and after that, a short-list. Then, the judges will choose the winning story. Some literary agent judges may ask to see the first 25 or 50 pages or the full book if they are really hooked by the first 10 pages.
There are two aspects to the judging, all the submissions are judged by our judging panel, and as a completely separate award, The Patron Prize will be judged by readers.
There will be several winners! Some writers will win a mentorship while others may receive representation by an agent. Some will win a writing course. Please see our full list of prizes.
The main prizes will be:
The Page Turner eBook Award will be the best story the judges choose from ALL the entries. This being eBooks or Paperbacks. We are simply calling this award an eBook Award because of our digital age where a large majority of readers now prefer to read their books on a reading device. An eBook is still a book, a story, and that is what the judges are looking for ~ stories that have already been published and capture their attention in only the first 10 pages.
The Patron Prize is a cash prize judged by readers. This is a cash prize which will go to one writer, based on the most popular story voted by readers. This is not a popularity contest. It is another way to award writers who have stories that can hook a reader with their first 10 pages.
Writers and authors are invited to get votes for this award, but it does not affect their entry in the overall eBook Award. An entrant can decide if they want to enter this or not. It is not compulsory. In other words, you, as the writer and entrant, can decide if you want readers to feedback on your first 10 pages submitted, and in doing, so they can provide valuable feedback to you and at the same time see how popular your first 10 pages will be. If you prefer not to have this option, it is your choice ~ your submission will still be included in our judging panel score. With the highest scores being the winner of The Page Turner eBook Award. Several prizes will be awarded to the highest scores.
Prepare For Shortlist
In case your novel is selected as a shortlist, our judges may want to see the full novel. If this is the case, we may contact you and ask for a link to read the full book. You may be required to provide a Book Funnel link for our judges to download the book. The judges may also ask for a synopsis and logline, so have them ready.
If you have opted to receive reader feedback, you can monitor our readers' feedback and use it to enhance your future work.
If you have opted to receive more votes from our readers, we will automatically include you in our newsletter asking our readers to comment on your submission. Any votes and comments on your first 10 pages, which will go towards the cash prize in The Patron Prize. You are welcome to ask your friends, social media fans and your readers to vote for your submission to help you increase your chances of winning.
When you are ready, find out how to join Page Turner Awards and submit your entry.
eBook Award General Rules
- The Page Turner 2020 eBook Award is an international contest and open to global submissions.
- The contest is open to entrants 18 or older.
- All submissions, booking details and payments are final, and NO refunds will be issued.
- Each entry is judged by the full picture, which includes your cover, description and first 10 pages.
- All submissions must be submitted with the details from the HOW TO ENTER tab.
- At the time of submission and for the duration of the contest, the submitted book must be your copyrighted property.
- You MUST only submit your own work.
- Submissions MUST be the sole property of the author or authors.
- Submission MUST be your own original work, story and characters. Any submissions of existing literary characters and or stories not in the public domain, as well as any stories from television or film that the writer does not own will be disqualified.
- All entries will be read.
- eBooks published from 1 January 2018 ~ 31 May 2020 will be accepted.
- No feedback is given, unless you opt for our reader feedback optional extra.
- Page Turner Awards Judges will utilize whatever criteria they deem appropriate in deciding a winner.
- All work will remain the property of the author or authors throughout the contest and beyond.
- At no point will any of the judges do anything more with your work without your consent.
- Entrants may be contacted from a representative of Page Turner Awards in regard to representation, production, or a possible option of the entered work.
- By entering, you agree to receive emails from us and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Your submitted material will be shared exclusively with our Judges.
- By entering, you agree to allow Page Turner Awards to share details if your eBook.
- Page Turner Awards reserves the right to change or modify these rules and terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- By entering and paying for your submission, you accept our Terms and Conditions.