We are excited to be bringing writers this new Boot Camp to help you get your writing 'Agent-Ready' so you or we can submit it to agents for you. This is a trial run, so we can place the best writing in front of literary agents who are actively looking for writers to represent and ultimately get them published.
Who Should Attend?
- Writers who have honed their manuscript and feel they are almost ready or even ready to submit it to literary agents
- Writers who have been writing to agents but can't understand why their chapters are being rejected
How It Works
Our Agent Ready Boot Camp works this way:
- You submit your first three chapters ~ up to 5000 words
- Our editor will review the chapters and send you feedback
- You hone those chapters according to his comments
- You resubmit your chapters when you are confident you have addressed all the points in the critique and you have rewritten any other parts of your manuscript that will be affected by the editor's comments and suggestions
- We will run your submission through a qualified proofreader to ensure there are no typos or grammar errors
- The final submission will be presented to literary agents who have asked us to send them submissions.
* We sent out some Writing Award submissions in a similar way and we've had one agent sign up a writer and another two writers are under review with a literary agent who is reading their manuscripts.
** If you'd like to see comments from entrants who have used our editor as an optional extra during our 2020 Awards, you can see their testimonials here ~ search the page for 'editor' or 'editing service.'
This is an ongoing process until our 2021 Awards start in January next year.